DIY Cleaning Wipes
I created this post in hopes of helping those in the same boat I found myself in. About a month ago I had Clorox wipes on my normal shopping list. Needless to say, there were none. And, I think you can guess how well my efforts have gone since that time
-- still none. So, I have been searching the internet for an alternate solution.
I found the recipe below and found it to work very well.
The recipe did not call for Rubbing Alcohol, and I did not use, since I figured the soap content in the mix would do the trick. However, if you want to make extra sure to disinfect, feel free to add alcohol. I did add essential oils just for happy smelling
I hope this works well for your purposes -- Please stay healthy and safe out there!
- Cut paper towel roll in ½ (see image below)
- In a mixing container:
- 12 oz water
- ¼ c rubbing alcohol (optional)
- 4 small squirts of dish soap OR your everyday countertop cleaner
- Essential Oils - lemon and/or lavender (optional)
- Stir together
- Stuff ½ paper towel roll into container with airtight seal
- Pour mixture over entire paper towels
- Put on lid and let sit for 10 mins
- Turn upside down and let sit another 10 mins
- Start pulling out wipes from the center
Actual homemade wipes that I've been using in my home. :)