During the home selling process, a seller has many things to consider and check off before handing the keys over to the new home owner. If you’re about to sell your home, the list of tasks to finish might seem overwhelming which is why we’ve outlined
exactly what needs to be done before you officially sell your home.
Evaluate Each Room
Try to look at your home from a fresh pair of eyes, would a buyer be impressed with what they saw? Do you have some minor updates or repairs to finish? If you’re wanting to get the best price for your home, these small updates will make all the difference.
Clean/Replace as Needed
You want your home to be presentable and clean so that it shows as much of the space as possible. This includes:
- Front Door
- Light Bulbs
- Light Switches
- Doors and Door Knobs
- Interior and Exterior Paint
Dust the hard to reach areas and give your home a deep clean. If your schedule doesn’t allow for regular home upkeep between viewings, consider hiring a cleaning service for an initial clean, this way it will be easier to maintain for viewings once
the initial clean is complete.
Make Your Home Inviting
Think about your furniture configuration, is it set up to best show the space? Be sure also to pack away any personal items, photos or sports memorabilia – you never know which team your potential buyer may follow!
In addition, think about scents in your home. Home fragrances are a deeply personal preference and you want to use nothing that will deter your future buyer.
We’ve laid out a checklist below to make sure there’s nothing you forget in each room:
- Paint exterior if needed
- Tidy yard
- Clean windows inside and out
- Pressure wash any dirty concrete or stone
- Clean out the garage
- Store any remaining items neatly in containers
- Do any maintenance such as repairs or paint touch-ups
- Clear out any furniture to show as much space as possible
- Add accessories where needed to make the space inviting
- Clear clutter from sideboards and coffee tables
- Clear any excess items from the countertop
- Clean the oven and the stove
- Do a deep clean of the entire kitchen cleaning the tiles, backsplash and cupboards
- Make beds prior to showings
- Fold blankets
- Put away pajamas or clothes from the night before
- Organize closets or keep the door closed of the closet during showings
- Put laundry supplies and clothing away
- De-clutter and keep all surfaces clean
- Keep floors clear
- Deep clean the bathroom including any moldy areas of the bathroom and clean or replace the shower curtain
- Replace caulking if needed
- Purchase new towels if needed and try to coordinate linens in one or two colors
We hope this checklist has been helpful if you’re selling your home. But if you need addition help we would love to talk more about selling your home and what you need to do to get it ready. Email us at email@example.com
and let’s talk!